LEAD Awards for Excellence
The annual LEAD Awards for Excellence were first presented in 2014, to acknowledge projects and initiatives by schools that practically demonstrated the four principles of Catholic Education Western Australia’s strategic direction.
LEAD Awards are presented for the categories of Learning, Engagement, Accountability and Discipleship, and endeavour to:
- Promote excellence in Catholic Education
- Further embed the strategic direction of LEAD
- Encourage school communities and individuals to reflect on their achievements
- Share initiatives and best practice among school communities
- Increase understanding and awareness of the achievements of Catholic schools in WA
Applications for the 2016 LEAD Awards are now open, forms can be downloaded here.
Awards of Excellence in Catholic Aboriginal Education
Since 2001 the Awards of Excellence in Catholic Aboriginal Education have sought to recognise and reward individual students, educators and schools that are committed to improving educational outcomes for Aboriginal students. The Awards are also intended to inspire those working in the Aboriginal Education, a priority area for CEWA.
The awards are presented biennially under the following categories:
- Outstanding Aboriginal Students (male and female, VET and ATAR)
- Outstanding School in Aboriginal Education
- Outstanding Aboriginal Community Member
- Dedicated Long Serving Aboriginal Staff
The Outstanding Aboriginal Student Award is open to all students in all grades. Unlike the other awards this is awarded annually.
Long Service Awards
Dedicated staff are a key strength of the CEWA system, and are the greatest single factor influencing positive educational outcomes for students.
Each year staff members who have reached 30 years of employment with CEWA are recognised for their service at the annual Catholic Schools Staff Breakfast.