Sport 4 All is a new $20 million state government initiative, which aims to build stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities. The initiative has four parts:

  • KidSport

  • Community Volunteer Project

  • ClubTalk

  • Nature Play WA.

KidSport will assist eligible families to receive up to $200 annually for each of their children aged between five - 18 years, to subsidise fees to join a sport and recreation club.

Eligible families include those with health care cards or pension concession card, or those referred by other community groups, such as schools, juvenile justice teams, government agencies and health practitioners. These groups are known as referral agents.

The eligible student or parent/guardian can obtain an application form from their participating local government office or their website, or from a sport or recreation club, a referral agent or anywhere local governments make them available.

The parent/guardian fills in the application and takes it to be validated at the local government they reside in. A photocopy of the health care card or pension concession card must be attached.

Alternatively school teachers, acting as referral agents, may assist in filling out the application, complete their section on the back and give it to the parent/guardian to sign. The parent/guardian will take the voucher to the sport or recreation club for processing when registering their children. The club will then invoice the local government.

Schools can obtain KidSport application forms for students from their participating local government. Not all local governments have signed up for KidSport yet, so you will need to check with them.

Parents can also benefit from participation as a club volunteer, taking on roles such as a coach, club secretary or to help in the canteen. The Community Volunteers Grants are now available for clubs to apply for. This initiative will ensure the next generation of volunteers is trained and motivated to serve the community.

Volunteers will be trained with the life skills needed to be a coach, an umpire and help administer clubs.

For more information regarding KidSport and the Community Volunteer Grants go to the Department of Sport and Recreation website or contact your local government.‚Äč